19-7-21Explore your creative mind - Top five things to do on vacation
Category : General
Summer vacations are usually the most awaited holidays by students. The tenure of the summer vacations provides a much-needed break and respite from studies, school, and discipline. Summer break is also the time for the students to enjoy themselves and pursue creative activities of their choice. The second wave of the pandemic, yet again, has forced many families to cancel their summer vacations and stay indoors, consequently making them avoid stepping out of the house and indulging in some outdoor or leisure activities.
It is a known and proven fact that extra-curricular activities help in the overall personality development of students personalities. This is a win-win situation for both parents and students as it will help students to relax and at the same time prepare for the future.
Below are the top things that you can consider doing in your vacation to explore your creative mind:
- Indulge yourself in hobbies or explore a new one: Explore your comfort or interests and pursue your hobbies or creativity by joining up some courses, meet-up groups, watching interesting videos related to your hobbies that you wish to pursue on the online platform, etc. Choose your hobbies in such a way that they will help you with a possible career in the future.
- Focus on turning your weaknesses into strengths: If you have any trouble with public speaking in terms of content then you can utilize your vacation time on developing the aforementioned skills. To strengthen these skills, you can participate in webinars, where you can have knowledge transfer and share the experiences with multiple people while implying the same techniques to improve yourself.
- Invest some time in leisure reading: Vacation time is the best time to spend in leisure reading. It is always advisable to make an effort to read either for leisure-related or in books which are related to the field that you are interested in pursuing your career in the future.
- Start a blog: If you wish to pursue your career in content and want to improve your writing skills, then starting with your blog is the best way to start. Starting a blog is a very productive and a very good way to explore areas of your interests. Writing posts on blogs helps you to enhance professional skills such as copywriting, editing, and proofreading. Before starting a blog, it is better to attend a couple of webinars so that you have an idea of how to go about it.
- Find a mentor: A mentor will always help you grow by giving positive advice on the career direction, making good decisions that will have a positive impact on your life, establishing long-term goals, etc. Just to give a kick start it is advisable to connect with leaders in your community, school’s alumni, seniors, etc.