Jain College scholarship policy has been documented with an objective to encourage extraordinary talent in academics, sports, music, dance and literary fields. The scholarships will be awarded to deserving students and will consist of fee waiver, flexible academic plan, opportunity to represent the college, cash award, free use of sports facilities, media promotion and varied sponsorship support. Apart from this the college also admits candidates with visual, auditory or other significant physical disabilities to all the courses.
- Background and Principles
- Jain College offers 5 categories of scholarship. Details of the award along with the eligibility criteria are explained later in the document.
- Scholarships will be reviewed on a regular basis by the
Jain College Scholarship Committee (JCSC).The committee reserves the right to introduce new scholarships or to cease the award of scholarships at any time.
- The eligibility criteria for each scholarship and agreement on the number of scholarships to be awarded annually are approved by JCSC. The Committee also approves the selection and renewal process.
- Scholarship within each category will be awarded on basis of merit (subject to the number of scholarships available in each category for that year) and will not by any means be tested or otherwise influenced by any other award / grant etc held by the scholarship applicant.