Pre University Programs
Pre University students in Jain College can pursue the following programs:
About Pre University Education
Pre University education in Karnataka is a 2 year program. It is equivalent to the XI and XII standards prevailing in CBSE / ISC and other state boards. The Department of Pre University offers courses in Science, Commerce & Arts streams.
Candidates who pass SSLC / ICSE / CBSE or equivalent examination shall be eligible for admission to the Pre University program.
First Year Pre University Annual Examination
The Department of Pre-University Education is an Independent department dealing with First year and Second year Pre-University classes (11th and 12th standards). This is the distinctive feature of the State. All the colleges offering Pre-University Education come under the control of Department of Pre-University Education. Pre-University Education is a link between Secondary Education and Higher Education including Professional and General Education.
- This is a district level examination conducted by a committee under the chairmanship of the concerned District Deputy Director of Pre-University Education. A common time table is prepared and it is being held before SSLC examination
- The examinations are held in the respective colleges
- The valuations of answer scripts are held in the respective colleges under the chairmanship of the principals on the pattern of central valuation
- The results of the examination are prepared by the principal and announced in the college after getting the approval from the concerned Deputy Director
- Students who pass the district level examination are eligible for second year PUC
Second Year Pre University Annual Examination
- This is a all Karnataka Board Examination conducted by the Department of Pre University Education, Karnataka Board